Teacher of IB Diploma Programme Economics
REPORTS TO: the Principal
The teacher is responsible for the following:
- Teaching IB DP Economics to Grades 11 & 12
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the curriculum.
- Communicating regularly with parents.
- Being an active and contributing member of the School’s faculty.
- Participating in the full range of professional activities in the school.
- Actively contributing to the operational needs of the school.
Qualifications, Attributes, and Experience the teacher is expected to have:
- Teaching qualification.
- Qualifications in Economics.
- Experience as a teacher.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to establish rapport with adults and students.
- The ability to work effectively in a team
- A pleasant and friendly personality.
- The ability to function effectively under pressure.
- The ability to show initiative and work independently.
The successful applicant would ideally have a working knowledge of the IB Diploma Programme. Experience working with students from diverse cultures and countries would be an advantage.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. Included in the recruitment process will be a local and national police check as well as a mandatory police background check from the last year of employment in every country worked.
Temporary – 50%
Starting April 9th; Ending June 16th, 2018
Last day for applications March 9th, 2018.
WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS IN ENGLISH AND FROM QUALIFIED TEACHERS
Please email a short cover letter as well as relevant work experience to: Mr. David Osler email@example.com