REPORTS TO: Head of Learning / IT Manager
TIME ALLOCATION: 100 %
Description / Purpose:
IT Support Technician is responsible for supporting IT services at Stockholm International School. The person will work under the supervision of the IT Manager and work closely with the Upper, Middle and Elementary School Technology Integrators. The prime responsibility of this position is to provide a high quality of service, both technical and client-focused, in the technical setup, maintenance/repair, and enhancement of IT services at Stockholm International School. A large portion of this position is related to student and staff devices and spaces within the school. Additionally, there will be some network and server responsibility under the guidance and direction of the Network & IT Manager. This position will provide school-wide IT support and maintenance during both school and holiday periods.
Duties and Responsibilities
- A pedagogical approach with a service minded attitude.
- The ability to handle both experienced and inexperienced computer users.
- A curious mind regarding most aspects of IT infrastructure and a love for new technologies.
- Good English (written and oral) communications skills.
- A good working knowledge of Swedish would be an advantage.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Show initiative, work independently, and as part of a team.
- A ‘can do’ attitude is more important than experience for the role.
Qualifications and Skills
- Solid knowledge of Windows/macOS installation and support.
- Basic knowledge and experience of troubleshooting client wifi connectivity issues.
- Basic experience and knowledge in IT networking technologies/protocols.
- Hands-on desktop support, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, configuring systems and applications, and preventative maintenance.
- Monitor and work helpdesk tickets and ensure timely resolution.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with computer systems, including hardware and software, email, network and peripheral equipment problems.
Competencies & skills required:
- Significant experience within a Mac OS and Chrome OS environment, both as a user and administrator
- Comfort within a Windows environment.
- Experience with a variety of common MacOS software packages, both as a user and trainer, is highly beneficial.
- Experience with the setup, diagnosis, maintenance, and repair of IT equipment.
- Working knowledge of network/server maintenance and setup preferred.
Preferred Experience & education:
- Degree or Diploma (Yrkeshögskolan or equivalent) in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or other relevant field.
- Experience in IT Support roles.
- OS X certification and Apple Certified Technician.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. Included in the recruitment process will be a local and national police check as well as a mandatory police background check from the last year of employment in every country worked.
LAST DAY FOR APPLICATIONS: 31st December 2017 (Interviews may start taking place before )
POSITION STARTING: Earliest 8th January
WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS IN ENGLISH
Please e-mail your applications to Sandra Loureiro, IT Manager <firstname.lastname@example.org>