REPORTS TO: Dean of Students
JOB DESCRIPTION :
The Educational Assistant will be responsible for providing assistance and supervision to individual students and may provide individualized instruction.
- Receives direct instruction from the LS teacher/Case Manager; duties and responsibilities may vary depending on the need of the student.
- Accompanies the student to various classes and activities
- In the classroom, the Educational Assistant assists the student in being able to access the curriculum or a modified program.
- May provide one-on-one instruction under the tutelage of an LS teacher.
- Documents student’s learning and reports to LS teacher and parents.
QUALIFICATIONS, ATTRIBUTES, AND EXPERIENCE :
- Experience in working with student
- Self-motivation, organisation, creativity, and enthusiasm are vital qualities in the role.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and organizational skills.
- A strong ability to establish good rapport with students and adults.
- An ability to view students with unconditional positive regard.
- The ability to work effectively in a team.
- A pleasant and friendly personality.
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, speaking)
Arbetstid/Varaktighet/Contract – 100 %
Note – Any illegal act committed on the school campus may be reported to the appropriate authorities. Per Swedish Law and under the Child Protection Policy guidelines; children are respected and protected. Swedish law forbids chastising, physical abuse or any other degrading treatment towards children, up to and including 18 years of age. If there are any suspicions about a child being abused or mistreated by an adult, parent, guardian or other student, then the school is obliged to report this to the Swedish Department of Social Welfare for further investigation in the municipality where the child officially resides. Staff will be dismissed or placed on leave immediately if report of abuse is confirmed.