Acceptance to Stockholm International School is based on the applicant's:
- Willingness to share in an international culture and uphold the educational values and visions of the Stockholm International School Foundation.
- Past and present academic performance - the applying student must be in good academic standing and respected by his/her peers and teachers as a member of the school community.
In order to process your application we require the following:
- Completed online Application Form, including uploads of the following documentation:
- Picture of the applicant
- Copy of the applicant's and parents' passports. Note: If you are a diplomatic family, we also require a copy of your visa.
- A copy of the parent's/guardian's passports, in separate files. Note: If you are a diplomatic family we also require a copy of your visas.
- Copy of the applicant's immunization/vaccination record
- Official school transcripts/report cards (in English) highlighting the last three academic years (where applicable). The official school transcripts/report cards must be combined into one file. e.g. a PDF or a zip file;
- Principals Recommendation (generated in online application form)
- Psycho-educational reports (applicable for students with special needs). The psycho-educational reports must be sent in one file, e.g. a PDF or a zip file.
You will be asked to upload these documents in conjunction with the application form. Documents for each category must be combined into one file, e.g. a PDF or a zip file. Please do not email your documentation as it overloads the school's email system and is not a secure nor accepted way to satisfy the terms and conditions of the application process.
In order to submit your application, you will be asked to pay an application fee of 1,500 SEK per child. This fee is not refundable even if the applicant is not accepted into Stockholm International School.
Application Review and Offer of Placement
The Admissions Office will review each completed application (including all documentation listed above).
The Admissions Committee meets regularly to review all completed applications. We will offer applicants a place as soon as a student can be accommodated.
Review of the applications takes time. Students are admitted as spaces become available. Please note that candidates are only considered if the application is fully completed; incomplete applications are not registered to the waiting list or reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
There is no deadline for the submission of applications but we recommend that you send in your application as early as possible.
Acceptance of a place and Fee Payment
An offer of placement letter is sent via Open Apply when space becomes available. Acceptance of the space must be done through Open Apply within 10 days. Failure to respond via Open Apply within 10 days will result in the space being forfeited. An invoice for the Enrollment Fee (35,000 SEK) will be sent to you via Open Apply at the same time as the placement letter. This can be paid by Bank Transfer or credit card within 10 days of its issue. Failure to pay the invoice will result in the space being forfeited.
SIS Admissions Policy
To see our full terms and conditions of application, please read our current admissions policy here:
The fees below reflect costs for the 2018-2019 school year only and are not binding for future school years. All fees must be paid prior to a student’s first day of school.
1,500 SEK per child. This fee must be paid by bank transfer upon submission of the application. The application will not be considered until the application fee has been paid. The application fee is non-refundable.
This is a one-time fee charged the first year the child attends SIS and will be invoiced upon acceptance.
- Child 1 - 35,000 SEK enrollment fee payable
- Child 2 - 35,000 SEK enrollment fee payable
- Child 3 (and all subsequent children) - a discount of 20% will be given to families that will be reflected on the first Tuition Fee invoice.
Annual Tuition Fee:
This is payable yearly and in advance, and is, for each school year, payable in two equal installments against invoices issued by SIS. Payment shall be made by the date stated in the invoice. Students enrolling at SIS for the second term of the school year are only required to pay 50% of the Annual Tuition Fee.
Payment time stated on the invoice can be 5 or 30 days, depending on the date of provisional acceptance.
Tuition Fees for 2018 - 2019
Grade Annual Tuition Fees
Preschool 103,000 SEK
Prekindergarten 103,000 SEK
Kindergarten 103,000 SEK
Grade 1 94,000 SEK
Grade 2 94,000 SEK
Grade 3 94,000 SEK
Grade 4 94,000 SEK
Grade 5 94,000 SEK
Grade 6 102,000 SEK
Grade 7 102,000 SEK
Grade 8 113,000 SEK
Grade 9 113,000 SEK
Grade 10 131,000 SEK
Grade 11 138,000 SEK
Grade 12 138,000 SEK