SIS Vision and Mission
The SIS vision is to become one of the leading international schools, operating according to the best educational standards and principles, providing Pre-School to Grade 12 students an academically, socially and personally stimulating and safe environment that will allow them to develop their individual potentials and prepare them for the challenges and responsibilities of global citizenship.
The SIS mission is to deliver an internationally recognised curriculum in a positive and thriving intercultural atmosphere that will develop students who feel:
valued, and who value others, irrespective of their age, gender, national, linguistic, cultural, social and religious background, or school success;
positively challenged in the area of academics, arts and sports, and in interpersonal and intercultural encounters within and outside school;
prepared to embrace these learning challenges in their current and future life, and accept responsibility for their own actions.
Definition of Learning
Learning is about making connections. It is a lifelong process where we can learn knowledge, develop our skills and deepen our understanding over time.
Global Citizenship Statement
At SIS, we are Global Citizens who are respectful, resilient and reflective learners in our daily actions towards ourselves and others. We actively seek to make a positive impact in both our own and the international environment.
SIS Strategic Plan
In accordance with the above stated vision and mission, and building on the school’s current situation and context within which it operates, the following strategic strands are put into focus in the coming 3-year period.
SIS Fair and Equal Treatment Plan
The fair and equal treatment plan is a matter of concern to everyone. The goal is that students, parents and staff members should be treated with respect and that any evaluations of people's contribution to this task should be objectively considered. The plan includes promoting equal opportunities and diversity, fighting discrimination, harassment and other acts of intimidation in all their forms. In this work we all have responsibility.
At SIS we strongly believe and support:
- Learning that builds upon the strengths of each child.
- Learning that challenges students.
- Learning as a lifelong process.
- Cultural diversity.
- Ethical and caring behaviour.
- Parents as collaborators in the education process.
- Through working together we aim for our students to:
- Show empathy, compassion and respect towards others;
- Act with integrity and honesty;
- Accept responsibility for their actions;
- Display openness and respect for the perspectives, values and traditions of other individuals and communities;
- Be compassionate to the needs and feelings of others;
- Approach unfamiliar situations and uncertainty with courage and forethought, and have the independence to explore new roles, ideas and strategies;
- Acquire the skills necessary to conduct inquiry and research and show independence in learning;
- Apply thinking skills critically and creatively to recognize and approach complex problems, and make reasoned, ethical decisions;
- Understand and express ideas and information confidently and creatively in more than one language;
- Acquire in-depth knowledge and develop skills and understanding across a broad range of disciplines;
- Be motivated and enthusiastic about their learning; and
- Strive for excellence in all that they undertake.